Dear, you should know the all roles & tasks responsibilities as a SAP Basis Consultant. Here, I will try to give the information on daily, weekly and monthly base activities. Including S4 Hana, Fiori, Solution Manager 7.1/7.2 and on Hana Databases and other DB’s.
Definition of SAP Basis
The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment. Other responsibilities like implementing, configuring and troubleshooting the sap technical environment. As well as scheduling and executing the sap transport system.
The consultant is also responsible for installation, upgrade and maintenance of SAP systems.
Additional Roles & Responsibilities :
Additionally the consultant should able to do configuration, monitoring and tuning of the sap technical environment. Also able to design of interfaces between the SAP and external systems, optimize & analyze the performance issues, design the architecture of the landscape.
He should be able to…
- Create the roles using different methods like Master Roles & Derived Roles. Also you should able to optimize roles using transactions, direct objects, missing authorizations & other restrictions.
- Do client administration like local client copy, remote client, client export/import and create & deleting the clients.
- Create and restore data backups.
- Do printer or spool configuration & administration.
- Manage the database & buffer space allocation.
Administration Task List :
Daily Tasks :
- Check SAP system is up & running.
- Check the all backup operation results. DB12, DBACOCKPIT etc..
- Also check DB/SAP/OS system logs. DB02, SM12, OS
- Also check CCMS alerts. RZ20
- Also check all work process status for every 30 min. SM50
- Also check the background (BTC) jobs status. SM37
- Also check the lock table and failed updates. SM12, SM13
- Also check the user operations such as failed logon and locked users. SUIM, EWZ5
- Check SAPDBA calendar status.
- Also check dumps status. ST22
- Most importantly check response time, CPU Utilizations & memory usage. SMLG, ST06, ST02
- In addition, Check over all SAP performance and usage issues.
- Also Check the data base performance & free space.
- Also check the Archive directory status.
- Cleanup spool. SPAD, SP12
- Clean up the transport buffers. STMS, STMS_IMPORT
- Run TemSe object consistency check. SP12
- Also Check the spool requests. SP01, SP02
- Review the security audit log.
- Also Check the database consistency.
- Monitor the total DB growth & free space.
- Monitor the table size growth.
- Analyze Early Watch Alerts reports.
- Defragment the memory.
- Monitor the Database growth.
- Check the directory structure.
- Also cleanup the old logs.
Implementation Basis Activities [S/4Hana]:
- We have to prepare the System Landscape and prerequisites including Hardware as per the Business process requirement.
- Also prepare the File System, required packages & other OS tools details for each system. Then provide the same to Hardware/OS team to deploy the same.
- Then do the cross verification of Hardware and Prerequisites are fulfilled or not.
- Hana database installation using life cycle management.
- Also do the HDB support package upgrade as per requirement. Click here for upgrade steps.
- S/4 Hana Application server installation by using updated SWPM tool.
- Post installation activities in a single step by using transaction STC01.
- Client Administration like client creation and client copy.
- TMS configuration.
- User creation and Authorization management.
- SAP Mail/SMS configuration.
- NWBC & SAP Web GUI service Activation.
- SAP Router installation & configuration.
- Spool Management.
- Auto backups scheduling & monitoring.
Solution Manager 7.2 :
- After completion of Development server deployment, We have to start the installation & configuration Solution Manager 7.2. As SAP Best practices, first of all we have to deploy the SAP Solution Manager.
- So, Complete the installation of Solution Manager 7.2 [Hana DB or any DB, ABAP stack & JAVA stack]. Also complete the basic configurations like Basic configuration, System preparation and Infrastructure preparation. Also fulfill the Managed systems RFC’s.
- Then start & complete the installation of Quality & Productions systems as per three systems landscape.
- Then complete the Early Watch Alert [EWA] report configuration by connecting to all back end systems.
- After that, Also complete the below config in Solman as per the requirement :
- Help desk ticketing tool.
- Change Request Management.
SAP S4 Fioir – Basis :
- Install the Frontend S4 Fiori Gateway server for Central Hub deployment with Hana/Max/Sybase DB. We can deploy by using Life cycle management and SWPM tools respectively.
- Then do the all post installation activities including SAP License & TMS.
- Then install the Fiori Apps & Front end server 2.0/3.0/4.0 add-ons.
- After that create the 3 clients for back end systems like DEV, QAS and PRD.
- Now do the Fiori configuration with Trusted RFC configuration between the Frontend & backend systems for 3 clients individually.
- Then we can configure the required App’s like Analytical, My inbox for approvals, Fact sheets and other applications.
- Finally we have to deploy the SAP web dispatcher with a specific fully qualified domain. Also we have to validate that domain by installing the SSL certificates.
- As SAP best practices, After 6 or 3 or early months of SAP G0-Live, we need to below activities as per requirement.
- Hana DB migration from Production to Quality system.
- Hana Tables partitions as per EWA reports.
- Production Hana DB high availability.
“I hope this Article is helpful to you. If you like this, hit me with Facebook like button & share to your friends. If you have any queries, let me know as a comment below”